Case study – Beacon Lighting
Project name: Beacon Lighting showroom Traralgon
Project date: November 2021
Client: Beacon Lighting Pty Ltd
Location: Argyle Street, Morwell
Approx build value: $1,671,000
The assignment involved the creation of a cutting-edge showroom 963m2 in size, tailored to the needs of a prominent national tenant.
Central to the brief was the integration of an existing shed at the rear of the site, which needed to be seamlessly incorporated into the new innovative construction.
A tight build time was part of the project brief.
The resulting building features a strategic layout which not only enhances highway visibility but also ushers in a dynamic aesthetic by featuring double-fronted glass windows that elegantly grace the corner allotment.
The in-house design team at Virtue Developments undertook the project's blueprint, resulting in a successful project that met the client brief. Key highlights include:
- A structure masterfully formed through the use of concrete precast panels, complemented by an internal steel framework.
- A building that maximises its presence on the highway with a striking and distinctive frontage to command attention.
- Strategically planned wide spans that facilitate abundant glazing, creating a harmonious fusion of space and light.
- High, suspended ceilings that give the ability to hide cables to create a contemporary, clean appearance.
- Extensive solar panel system for green power to minimise the carbon foot-print of the site.
- Beautiful polished concrete floors throughout to give a clean, modern look and feel as well as create a welcoming atmosphere as it reflects internal lighting.
Our procedures and time management charts were a key to ensure this build ran smoothly and met the demanding time frame.